Comedian and former ‘Tonight Show’ host Jay Leno was seriously burned in a garage fire in Los Angeles on Saturday after one of his cars erupted in flames. People Magazine was first to initially report that Leno canceled an appearance at a Forum 2022 financial conference in Las Vegas Sunday night after suffering “a very serious medical emergency.”
TMZ reported that the 72-year-old was taken to the Grossman Burn Center after suffering burns to the left side of his face, and all of his appearances for the week have been canceled. He is said to be in stable condition.
Leno said in a statement to NBC News on Monday: “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.” A representative for Leno said he was working at his Los Angeles garage when a flash fire started in a car.
Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com