How I “Plan” to spend my Summer vacation
I find it hard to believe that Memorial weekend is almost here. Mainly because of the fact that once the Pandemic hit around St Patrick’s day, time seemed to really stand still. I guess maybe we are getting used to this “new normal” and it will certainly be unlike any other start-of-summer we’ve experienced. Regardless, I look forward to warmer weather, barbecues (no more than 10!) and new outdoor adventures in this great State. Since I’ve spent the past 2 ½ years at the beach, I really want to find other places to explore within driving distance this summer. I’ve done a little research and decided to share some of the local destinations I’ve come across that might be of interest to you and your summer itinerary. Remember, as more restrictions are lifted, keep supporting local businesses and take advantage of the beautiful scenery and attractions that Maryland has to offer!
- #1-Cunningham Falls State Park https://bit.ly/2zWBv2f
- #2-Clark’s Elioak Farm http://www.clarklandfarm.com/
- #3-Watkins Regional Park http://www.mncppc.org/3204/Watkins-Regional-Park
- #4-Crystal Grottoes Caverns http://www.crystalgrottoescaverns.com/
- #5-Western Savage River State Farm https://bit.ly/3cHhQ50
- #6-Elk Neck State Park https://bit.ly/2LICwh6
- #7-Walkersville Southern Railroad http://wsrr.org/ws/
- #8-Sherwood Gardens https://www.sherwoodgardens.org/
- #9-Old Westminster Winery https://www.oldwestminster.com/#home
- #10-Choptank River Lighthouse https://bit.ly/2XcJqAz
Hit me up!
Colleen Carew, Mornings 6-10am