There’s nothing quite like taking in a game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Orioles baseball is an awesome part of enjoying life. Yeah, I know last year was brutal. But this year, there’s a freshness to everything, from Orioles GM Mike Elias and his vision of what the team will become, to the positive and inspiriing style of Manager Brandon Hyde to the spirit, competitiveness and brotherhood that the players have this year.
If you haven’t taken in a game yet this season, this weekend is a great time to do just that! 86 degrees tomorrow! 88 on Sunday! And Sunday’s game features something special for all dads in celebration of Father’s Day: the first 20,000 fans 18-and-over will receive a super cool Oriole’s fedora. I received one of the 2014 hats and, without exception, every time I wear it to a game, at least one guy asks me where I got it. So plan a great day with your dad and see the rebuilding O’s in action on Sunday!
And while you’re there, enjoy Oriole Park’s biggest craft beer selection ever! Gone are the days when you had to settle for sparkling spring water, you can now choose from a delicious line-up of craft beer. Here are just a few:
- Feed The Monkey, an orange hefeweizen from Jailbreak Brewing
- Loose Cannon, an IPA from Heavy Seas Beer that is perfectly balanced with just the right amount of hops and malt
- Sunshine Pils, from Troeg’s Brewing, an excellent pilsner beer
- Manor Hill IPA, Manor Hill Brewing’s flagship IPA with a distinct citrus hop profile
- Steady Eddie, from Union Craft Brewing, a Spring Wheat IPA inspired by Orioles great, Eddie Murray
- Thunderpeel, a New England styled IPA—think hazy and juicy—from Flying Dog Brewing
- Hop Devil from Victory Brewing, another very hops/malt balanced IPA
- Balls To The Wall, an American Pale Ale from Oliver Brewing
The crack of the bat, the roar of the crowd, the smell of ballpark food cooking, and the taste of… craft beer! Now that’s baseball!
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads, daughters and sons!
The Craft Beer Guy